Tour Status - Available
Be part of the buzz & bright lights of Bangkok before a change of scene in the Mekong with its rice paddy & sugar fields & coconut palms. The low key vibes of Laos, with its small villages, saffron robed monks & French colonial past are up next, before Angkor Wat & Ta Prohm in Cambodia's jungle & a slice of Phnom Penh.
This tour is operated by one of our Travel Partners. Contact us to book airfare separately.
- 2 World Heritage Sites visited
- Long-tail boat tour of the waterways and canals
- Overnight train to Chiang Mai
- A visit to the mountain-side Buddhist temple of Wat Prat That
- Explore a local night bazaar
- Travel in a traditional private boat with on-board meals
- Bike tour of the UNESCO-listed town
- Kuang Si waterfall trip
- City tour of the Laotian capital
- Visit COPE support & rehab centre
- City tour and visit to the Khmer Rouge “Killing Fields” genocide sites
- Experience modern Cambodian cuisine at a restaurant where former disadvantaged youth are trained in hospitality.
- Visit floating communities on Tonle Sap Lake
- Travel by tuk-tuk to Angkor Wat, the largest religious monument in the world and watch sunrise over the ruins
- Visit the vine-covered Ta Prohm temple, as seen in "Tomb Raider"
- 13 nights accommodation: 11 nights in 3-star hotels, 1 night in a guesthouse, 1 night on an overnight train
- 2 internal flights
- Transport & included sightseeing
- Experienced Contiki Trip Manager, Local English-speaking guides
- Sightseeing tours of all major cities plus orientations in all other destinations
- Local taxes, payments & service charges
- 17 meals: 13 breakfasts, 2 lunches & 2 dinners