August 15 - 25, 2017
Tour Status - Guaranteed
Bordeaux: A Perfect Blend
Archetypical red Bordeaux wine is a blend of grape varietals – including Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Petit Verdot and Malbec. And this Windstar-only event is a classic blend of sensory delights.
You will ride through the French countryside, taking in the breathtaking views of spectacular wine estates and well-tended vineyards. When you arrive at a private chateau in Bordeaux, you’ll feel a warm welcome with an offer of a glass of wine.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn a little about French cooking as you sample fine wines accompanied by French appetizers, while a quartet of classical musicians will perform. We have forgotten none of your senses when planning this invitation-only event exclusively for Windstar guests.
This Cruise is operated by our Travel Partner. [Wind]
- Visit Mont St. Michel, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Make the most of your time in Bordeaux with two full days in this beautiful city
- Explore the Medoc and Saint Émilion regions - home to some of the finest wines in the world
- Onboard fado music performance in Porto
- Tasting wine in Porto and Bordeaux and cognac in La Rochelle
- Taste the famous oysters of Cancale in St.-Malo
This Themed Voyage Includes:
- Special Guest Chef Hugh Acheson and Sommelier Steven Grubbs
- Three cooking demonstrations
- Featured James Beard Foundation Chef Signature Recipe served each day
- Exclusive evening at a private Bordeaux chateau
- Four expert wine tastings on board
- Hosted dinner featuring regional locally sourced ingredients