August 11 - 18, 2018
Tour Status - Guaranteed
This fabulous river cruise combines time in France’s unparalleled capital of Paris with beautiful scenery along the Seine River and the picturesque and historical region of Normandy.
Embark on your adventure in Paris and sail to Vernon, where you’ll choose between two exciting guided visits—Claude Monet’s stunning gardens at Giverny or the remarkable Bizy Castle, known as “Normandy’s Versailles.” You may choose to go on an excursion to the historic Normandy Landing Beaches, including Omaha Beach, the Point du Hoc monument, and the American Cemetery. In Rouen, best known as the home of Joan of Arc, you’ll go on a guided walk through the medieval quarter and visit the gothic Rouen Cathedral—once the tallest building in the world. From Conflans, go on an excursion to the quaint and inspiring town of Auvers-Sur-Oise—associated with several famous artists, including Vincent Van Gogh—or visit Napoleon and Josephine’s Malmaison.
On this French river cruise, you’ll enjoy wine, cheese, beautiful scenery along the Seine River, and stops in charming and historical parts of France, but your adventure would not be complete without some time in Paris—one of the world’s most romantic and vibrant cities! The “City of Light” has Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre Museum with its elegant glass pyramid contrasting its ancient architecture. A guided walk through the historic Île St. Louis with its narrow streets, and Île de la Cité where medieval Paris was founded, will be a delight..
This cruise is operated by our cruise partner, AVA.
- Day 1 - Paris (Embarkation): onboard welcome reception
- Day 2 - Vernon–Les Andelys: choice of excursions to Giverny or Bizy Castle; guided walk in Les Andelys, visit the Parish Church of Le Petit Andely
- Day 3 - Caudebec: excursion along the “Normandy Abbeys Route”
- Day 4 - Caudebec: choice of excursions to Normandy landing beaches or “A Taste of Normandy,” including visit and lunch at a local cheese farm
- Day 5 - Rouen: guided sightseeing, see the Astronomical Clock and visit the cathedral; onboard cheese and wine tasting
- Day 6 - Conflans: choice of excursions to visit Auvers-sur-Oise or Napoleon and Josephine’s Château de Malmaison; onboard food and wine pairing dinner
- Day 7 - Paris: “Heart of Paris” walk, visit Notre Dame Cathedral
- Day 8 - Paris (Disembarkation): your vacation ends this morning