August 28 - September 11, 2017
Tour Status - Available
Starting in Townsville and concluding in Cairns this tour provides a comprehensive overview of the untold potential that could help Australia become the food bowl of Asia during the forthcoming century. As well as a range of visits that include some of the best cattle and cropping operations in the north there is also an unforgettable ride on the iconic Gulflander, as well as free time at Karumbaon the Gulf of Carpentaria and at Lawn Hill Gorge, one of Queensland’s outback treasures. Plus, there’s time to also explore the fascinating Undara Lava Tubes near Mount Surprise.
This tour is operated by one of our Travel Partners. Contact Us to book airfare separately.
- Major cattle stations and leading irrigated cropping properties
- Charters Towers with its well preserved buildings and gold mining past
- Two relaxing night’s at Adel’s Grove adjacent to spectacular Lawn Hill National Parkand farmstay at Wambiana
- Richmond with its fascinating Dinosaur Museum
- Fishing opportunities at Karumba on the Gulf of Carpentaria